Monday, August 11, 2014

WARM OR COOL? Ultramarine Blue vs Thalo Blue ... | Sharon Hicks - Blog



FINALLY.......someone who understands BLUE!!! 

A couple of years ago I was introduced to the idea that ultramarine blue is a warmer blue and phthalo blue is cooler.  If you're not an artist, you're probably thinking that they both have to be cool colors, or you're thinking, "What does it matter?".  I was very confused because not only was I taught in college that ultramarine was cooler, but I observe it when I compare the two side by side. 

Today I happened to read an article from Brush Buzz, which comes to me via e-mail six days a week.  I'm including a link to the original blog by Sharon Hicks.  Her theory makes complete sense to me and restores my faith in my old friend Dr. Joseph Adams, now deceased, who I learned so much from while at CMSU.  If you happen to be an artist, ( and we all are in some capacity), then you might fine it interesting. 

WARM OR COOL? Ultramarine Blue vs Thalo Blue ... | Sharon Hicks - Blog

Life is art, paint your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment