Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23rd, 2014

This morning I packed up and mailed off one of the first paintings I completed
since my decision last year to retire from the "regular paycheck world"
 as I like to call it, and concentrate on making and selling my art. 

 As I was carefully bubble-wrapping it and taping the
box shut I had a few thoughts about my journey so far.  I've learned so much from
the workshops and classes I've taken.  Much of what I've learned has been incorporated
into my paintings, and just as importantly, much has been rejected.  Often it's the part
that we reject that makes our art our own.  The world would be pretty boring
if we all painted the same! 
 
 Once a week I paint with a wonderful group of friends including
Jean Smith, our very wonderful instructor.  I'm amazed at the talent
of my friends as we work in our own style of painting in various mediums. 
 My world has become richer and far more colorful since I began
following my passion.  I'm grateful for my family, friends, and every
day that I'm allowed to live among them! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment