Thursday, December 18, 2014

Mary's Rantings

Wow! Facebook has changed!  I'm not talking about the logarithms or the fact that you need to pay for a boost to get your product "out there".  I'm talking about the fact that when I first started using it, the main purpose was to keep up with friends and family.  I love seeing photos of my extended family and of the friends I left behind when I moved here from the Midwest, as well as posts from my friends here in AZ.  What I don't love are the political and religious views that are way too prevalent on my page now.  I know...I know...it's like the T.V....if you don't like it, turn it off!

I try to skip over the obvious plugs for the lefty liberals and the righty conservatives, but it's getting harder.  Since when did everyone decide to push the views of others without doing some research first?  And since when are my friends and family opposed to the basic human rights of others?

 There are good people out there who have other ways of believing and living.  The only way we'll have peace on earth is if all of us on this planet are peaceful and loving.  It can work....we just need to get to the tipping point.

OK, I'm done ranting.  I know I'm not even close to perfect, none of us are, so maybe I can cut people little more slack in 2016.  I'll try to ignore the inappropriate posts, or at least not make snarky comments :-) .  I'm going to try very hard not to jam up your newsfeed with political garbage or religious views.  My views are my own and I'll try not to force them on anyone else. 

Have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year,
and may we have Peace on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment