Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"30 in 30 Day Challenge Day 21" Contemporary Figurative Oil Painting by Arizona Artist Mary Opat

 
"Delihla's Duck" Contemporary Figurative Oil Painting by
Arizona Artist Mary Opat
 
11" x 14" Oil on Stretched Canvas
 
On day 21 of the 30 day challenge, I worked on this little
painting of my grand-niece, Delihla.  The photo that I used for
reference had dead grass and the color seemed a little washed out
compared to the saturated color in her clothing.  The first time I worked on it,
I think I over-compensated and the duck got lost in the colorful weeds.
I hope this is a good compromise.   I'll be letting it dry for a couple of
weeks before I varnish and send it off to Maegan.
Check out my paintings at http://www.maryopat.com
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment