Friday, October 13, 2017

Quantum Leap Series



I'm getting so much enjoyment from painting my Quantum Leap Series.  Here is the second painting in the series.  "Rose Rising" is a 15" x 30" mixed media painting on a gallery wrapped canvas.

Quantum Leap.   When particles haven’t actually formed yet.  When such things as electrons, photons, quarks, gluons, and bosons are still waves.  When electrons jump between one atomic obit and another. That instant when quantum physics tells us that the act of observation or interaction forms solid particles.  This series represents that split second in between, when the miracle of presence happens.

 In these paintings I'm trying to represent that by combining realistic painting with paint applied in abstract layered swirls.  It's different for me and I hope you enjoy the paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment